Over 60 Years of Innovation Quality & Performance
• Eliminates potentially hazardous conditions when using C02 with manual approaches for euthanasia.
• The inherent design features of the Thoren racks that provide uniform airflow through every cage in the rack also provide very even distribution of the CO2.
• Animals euthanized in their home cage.
• Maintains animals until rack is full for euthanasia.
• Is easy to use and has very low maintenance.
The Thoren Euthanasia Rack provides an efficient, economical, and humane method of euthanising large groups of mice at research centers when an experiment ends.
Turning a key switch starts the cycle of injecting CO2, soaking, and purging the CO2. The entire half-rack can be moved to the euthanasia area and connected to the CO2 transition. If moving the entire half-rack is not desirable, the individual cages can be moved to the euthanasia rack. The euthanasia rack can be used to maintain the animals until the rack is full, if desired, before the cycle is run. All open cage positions must be filled before running the cycle. Empty cages can be used to fill any open cage positions.
KEY OPERATING FEATURES:
• Key switch prevents unauthorized operation.
• Safety controls inhibit Euthanasia operation
if unsafe conditions are present.
• CO2 sensor will sound an alarm and shut
down the Euthanasia cycle if high levels of CO2 occur.
• A floor level scavenger exhaust is
included. Floor level room exhaust is also desirable.
New program meets 2013 AVMA Guidelines
AVMA Euthanasia Cycle time is 25 minutes
• 20% of cage volume/minute fill rate
• 15 minute soak
• 5 minute Purge time make up the cycle.
• Up to 6 programable cycles can be selected.
• Rack returns to the maintain state after a
euthanasia cycle has been run.
• If power is lost during the gas fill portion of the
euthanasia cycle, the gas valve will close and
remain closed upon power being restored, the
rack will default to the maintain state.
Installation and Ordering Information
© Copyright 2016 Thoren Caging Systems, Inc.